Wednesday, February 10, 2016

About Me

Hey, Everyone!  This is just a small thing so you guys know who I am, and what it is I am about.  My name is PSTR.  That's not my real name by the way.  No one names their children with no vowels, that's just cruel.  I am a gamer.  I love playing games.  I love coming home from a really long day of school or work, or working out (and by working out I mean waking up covered in last night's dinner all over your bed) and getting comfortable and playing video games.  I also really love watching movies.  I guess you could say I love escapism.   I don't know anyone who wouldn't want to be James Bond, or be that guy from Avatar whose name everyone already forgot, or be a space marine fighting off crazy aliens.   

My passion for gaming and movies started when I was kid.  I didn’t have a lot of friends, both my parents worked, and my brother was older and stronger than I am, so needless to say he punched in the face a lot.  This lead to me  watch a lot of my dad’s old James Bond movies and play a lot of games that were probably intended to older audiences.  My parents were working, if you’re a kid you take advantage of that situation, don’t judge me. 

I have always been a thinker.  I always found myself analyzing and critically thinking before I had any idea what those concepts were.  I remember what really made me realize that I loved analyzing and critiquing movies and games.  My friends and I were walking out of Inception and they were debating whether or not Leo’s character was dreaming or not.  They asked my opinion, and I said, it doesn’t really matter whether he’s dreaming or not.  Then, my friends gave me crap about the non-answer I had just given, because my friends lack nuance, and I more than likely said it in a snobby way. I elaborated once they had decided that they were done making me feel like an idiot, that a common theme of the movie is that sometimes you have to put aside common sense and reality, and take a leap of faith.  Leo’s character takes the job of Inception on the faith that his boss can clear him of all charges he is facing.  So it would make sense that at the end he would stop caring that he were dreaming because he is taking a leap of faith and assuming that he is in real life.

That is me in a nut shell.  A guy who thinks so much during movies and video games that he forgets to actually watch/play them sometimes.   I hope you like the content I put up, and what I am trying to accomplish by maintaining some form of honesty and integrity in my reviews and analysis.


Thanks, PSTR

No comments:

Post a Comment